Kevin Garnett continues to do interviews while he’s over in China. He sat down with Sina’s Li Shuangfu for a lengthy interview. You can watch the video, but here are the bullet points.
- KG said the team has “some good bones” and said that the trade that brought him, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry just made it better, “if not over the top better.”
- He said the biggest thing that a team needs to win a championship is “to have the mentality of a champion” which includes proper preparation, willingness to sacrifice, to have a great team, and to have a little luck also.
- He doesn’t doubt Jason Kidd at all and said that he has, “the tools (and the) drive to coach.” He added, “I can be whatever he needs me to be to make this team better.”
- On beating the Miami Heat, KG said, “We’ll see, we’ll see.” He then said, in a roundabout way, that it depends on how the team gels and that the Heat have already had a few years to do that.
- KG compared New York to Boston and called Boston “quaint” but certainly not in a bad way. He added that even though he’s played in New York before, that he’s looking forward to playing for a New York team and said, “I’m looking forward to representing Brooklyn.”