Just like their interview with Brook Lopez from the other day, Adam Figman of Slam Online sat down with Paul Pierce for an interview. You should definitely check it out, but here are the nuts and bolts of it.
- Pierce said that he’s been spending extra time in New York this summer to get acquainted with the area. He still has a little ways to go though as he tweeted out a picture of the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel thinking that it was the Holland.
- He also talked about playing with a new team for the first time and said that you can’t put a timetable on how long it will take this team to gel because every situation is unique.
- Pierce called Deron Williams the team’s best player and thinks that he and Kevin Garnett will help to make him a MVP candidate by showing him what it’s like to be a championship caliber player through their habits.
- Pierce got the same what movie would you use to motivate question and he answered by noting that he’s old school and would either pick Rocky or Hoosiers.
- Pierce called Madison Square Garden his favorite place to play and added, “Just thinking about the rivalry now, and being a part of it—you know I had the rivalry with Boston-New York, and now with Brooklyn—there’s nothing like a crosstown rivalry.”
- He noted that his eventual return to the Boston Garden will be emotional and explained that Doc Rivers didn’t quit on the Celtics, but he, like Pierce himself and KG, didn’t want to be apart of a rebuilding team and that the Celtics knew that. He said the trade was mutual.