We’ve known that the Brooklyn Nets are spending a lot of money next season, about $101.26 million in total salaries plus at least another estimated $80 million in luxury tax fees. ShamSports updated their Nets’ salary page on Monday with some previously unknown info.
- Kevin Garnett will earn $12.43 million this season plus a guaranteed $12 million in 2014-15. His contract had previously been only guaranteed to pay him $6 million next season, but it was bumped to a full $12 after he was traded.
- Jason Terry‘s contract also got a bump in the trade as it contained a 7.5 percent kicker that added $400,313 to the annual value of his deal.
- Paul Pierce‘s contract had no similar clauses to KG or Terry. The $15.33 million he is owed this year became fully guaranteed on June 30.
- Andray Blatche, who signed a veteran minimum one-year deal worth $1.375 million plus a 2014-15 player option, cannot be traded without his permission because he will have Early Bird Rights.
- Shaun Livingston will be paid $1.27 million this season, but because he has signed a one-year deal and has more than two years experience the Nets pay the equivalent of a two-year veteran ($884,293) with the NBA paying the rest ($387,986).
- Rookie center Mason Plumlee was signed for 120 percent of the rookie salary scale so he will be paid $1.3 million next year with his four-year contract worth as much as $6.4 million.