The Brooklyn Nets have announced that they will be holding auditions for the Brooklyn Nets Kids Dance Team on Wednesday, August 14 at 6:00 p.m. at the LIU Brooklyn Wellness, Recreation and Athletic Center. The WRAC opens to dancers at 5:00 p.m. that day and you must be there by 6:00 p.m. to register and participate.
This is a paying gig for the kids. In order to be eligible boys and girls must be between the ages of 6-13 with at least two years of dance training. Here are the rest of the requirements:
- Dancers will be asked to demonstrate their ability to learn and perform choreography.
- Tumbling and break-dancing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Participants should wear dance attire and non-marking sneakers or dance shoes.
- One parent must be present at registration to sign a participation waiver.
- Only those auditioning will be allowed into the Athletic Center.
- Finalists may be kept until 9:30 p.m.
- Dancers who are selected must be available to attend rehearsals in Brooklyn once a week, as well as Saturday and Sunday home games at Barclays Center.
Returning in her role from last season, the dance team will be lead by celebrity choreographer Tanisha Scott. Scott has also worked with Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Sean Paul, and others.
There will be two workshops held leading up to the auditions. Members of the Brooklynettes will assist in the workshops which will cost $30 each or $50 for both. Workshops take place on Aug. 7 at the PNY Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey and on Aug. 12 at the WRAC.