YESTERDAY ON BROOKLYN EAGLE SPORTS
- Watch: Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce press conference
- Watch: Mikhail Prokhorov being interviewed after Nets press conference
- Nets: Welcome to Brooklyn: Garnett, Pierce, and Terry arrive with championship aspirations
- Nets GM Billy King: Persistence paid off in trade with Celtics
- Paul Pierce: It’s about winning a championship
- Nets: Brooklyn Nets release D.J. White
- Nets: Can Jason Kidd manage all the egos in Brooklyn?
- Nets: Keith Bogans agreed to sign-and-trade because Nets were good to him
- Cyclones: A big third inning leads to Cyclones win against Mahoning Valley
- PSAL: 2013′s top high school baseball players in Brooklyn
AROUND THE INTERNET
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle | John Torenli: Giving It Up for Brooklyn: Garnett, Pierce and Terry say “sacrifice” is key to championship success
- Sheridan Hoops | Shlomo Sprung: Garnett and Pierce, introduced as Nets, did not utter the word “Knicks”
- NetsDaily.com | Dexter Hendry and Bob Windrem: Nets Daily video journalist chats with Bob Windrem aka @NetIncome about the Nets introduction of former Celtics Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry.
- BrooklynFans.com | Jason Schott: Images from a big day in Nets history
AROUND THE ASSOCIATION
- The NBA has made five rule changes. Three involve instant replace, one involves clear path fouls, and the last has to do with players leaving the court and not immediately coming back.
- The NBA has not gotten rid of flopping fines.
- The Charlotte Hornets are officially back. The league approved the name change.
- The Clippers are close to a two-year deal with Byron Mullens.
QUESTION OF THE DAY
- Now that the Nets have so many star players, who takes the final shot?
COMING UP TODAY
- We have plenty more Brooklyn sports on the way including more video and quotes from Thursday’s introductory press conference, some St. Francis women’s basketball, a Cyclones recap, and plenty more.